Work at Spekulor
Spekulor is a creative production company and rental house based in Hawthorne California. We provide the people, gear, and capabilities to create innovative content for Brands, networks, and individuals. Our team is creative, technically skilled, and growing.
Camera Rental House Operation Manager
We are looking for a operations/rental house manager with experience working and systemizing our rental division.
• Communicate with clients in regards to orders.
• Make sure items are not double booked.
• Coordinate and create estimates for clients and oversee the rental team.
• Establish prospecting, quotas, and sales goals for the team.
• Analyze sales statistics to identify areas of improvement.
• Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting.
• Report on team and individual performance.
• Develop and execute innovative outreach strategies.
• Build and form new relationships with potential clients.
•Comprehensive knowledge of video gear (Camera, Lighting, Video Village, Accessories, etc.)
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
• Maintain a professional and positive attitude (especially under pressure).
• Able to communicate well, as well as act in accord to the betterment of the company.
• Must have transportation.
• Previous experience in pro film equipment rentals, customer service, or related fields.
• Experience as a supervisor or manager.
• Familiarity with Rental software is an added bonus.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Ability to build rapport with clients.
• Able to take initiative to go the extra mile to solve problems.
• Learn from mistakes, and apply the lessons going forward.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Working knowledge and usage of film/digital production equipment. Lifting up to 50 lbs. and bending and stooping.
BA or BFA in film/video production. 1-3 years of experience with Apple OS X, Adobe Premiere Pro, and other Creative Cloud applications, as well as Arriflex SR/S and Éclair NPR/ACL film cameras. Spekulor Creative is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. To achieve our mission as a positive creative entity we follow the belief which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic background.
EEO and Disclosure
Spekulor is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
Prep Technician l
The Prep Technician I is responsible for, but is not limited to, inspecting, and cleaning all equipment upon return from rentals, configuring equipment for client rental, pulling, and loading and unloading of equipment and its associated check-in and storage. The incumbent maintains the general rental facility according to the standards set forth by the Company. The employee is also expected to understand and comply with all Company Policies and Safety Regulations and to report any hazards and unsafe practices immediately. The employee utilizes equipment handling machines such as forklifts and order pickers to assist in job tasks. The employee may, depending on assignment, operate Company vehicles in delivering and returning equipment
• Preparation, QC and general maintenance of digital cinema, high speed camera and other high end speciality cameras and accessories for rental sales and service.
• Mechanical and electronic troubleshooting and repair of digital cinema, high speed cameras, recorders and accessories for rental and service departments.
• Client technical support on phone, in house and on-site.
• Preparation, QC and maintenance of rental lenses.
• Custom cable assembly, product assembly and light manufacturing.
• Responsible for Rental equipment area to be clean and organized.
• Help to organize and prioritize rental check-ins and checkouts.
• Coordinate with floor techs on specific job logistics when necessary.
• Must be able to life and manipulate cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Experience with digital cameras such as ARRI Alexa, RED DSMC2 & DSMC3, Sony FS7 & FX9, Sony Venice, Sony DSLR, Canon C300, 5D/ BlackMagic and others.
• Minimum of one year of experience in one of the following disciplines lighting, video, rigging, and/or logistics.
• Prior experience as a Prep Tech and / or on set experience preferred.
• High School Diploma or its' equivalent. Trade show or post High School training in an appropriate field may be substituted in whole or in part for the experience requirement above.
• Bachelor™s degree or equivalent technical, hands on industry experience.
• 2 years performing electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and repair on professional camera equipment; experience with live broadcast equipment, underwater housings, and high speed cameras a plus.
• Experience working in a Rental House environment.
• Ability to lift and manipulate cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Skills and experience with soldering, cable assembly and light manufacturing.
• Strong experience with digital cinema formats, production, and post-production workflows.
• Knowledge and experience with professional HD camera equipment including lenses and accessories.
• Exceptional communication skills, including professional correspondence skills in order to provide excellent customer support.
• Impeccable attention to detail.
• Ability to work well with clients and coworkers to hit deadlines.
• IT skills and experience with Mac OS and Windows are a must.
EEO and Disclosure
Spekulor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spekulor is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.